HOT E28

I've posted problems about internal heat in my 87 535is before, but I've
discovered more sources of internal heat lately.  Usually after driving
for about 10 minutes (or 5 minutes on highway), the steering column
becomes extremely heated, so hot that my knees can feel the heat.  The
panels around it are fine, but the steering column itself is really hot.
Another source of heat is the fan that turns on when the AC is on.  This
is the fan that's below the temperature controls and behind the ashtray.
When the AC is not on, it emits heat.  Of course when the AC is on, the
heat goes away.  Lastly, the lower vent blows out heat when I turn on
the fan even with the temperature set on 67.  I tested this by closing
the top and middle vents and just letting the lower vent blow.  It seems
it blows out heat regardless of the temperature control.  I know setting
the control on 67 won't actually give me 67, but I don't expect it to be
as hot as 85.
I'd appreciate it if I can get some help.  Personal emails and postings
on the digest are all welcome.  Thanks.

Tony

87 535is 132k
JC, K&N, Bilstein HD