	Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 05:38:16 PDT
	From: "Tony Lin" <ilovehoodi@domain.elided>
	Subject: HOT E28

	I've posted problems about internal heat in my 87 535is before,
but I've
	discovered more sources of internal heat lately.  Usually after
driving
	for about 10 minutes (or 5 minutes on highway), the steering
column
	becomes extremely heated, so hot that my knees can feel the
heat.  The
	panels around it are fine, but the steering column itself is
really hot.
	Another source of heat is the fan that turns on when the AC is
on.  This
	is the fan that's below the temperature controls and behind the
ashtray.
	When the AC is not on, it emits heat.  Of course when the AC is
on, the
	heat goes away.  Lastly, the lower vent blows out heat when I
turn on
	the fan even with the temperature set on 67.  I tested this by
closing
	the top and middle vents and just letting the lower vent blow.
It seems
	it blows out heat regardless of the temperature control.  I know
setting
	the control on 67 won't actually give me 67, but I don't expect
it to be
	as hot as 85.
	I'd appreciate it if I can get some help.  Personal emails and
postings
	on the digest are all welcome.  Thanks.

	Tony

	87 535is 132k