E36 Battey

>I had a problem with my 95 325i yesterday.  It seems that my battery died
>with no apperant warning.  The car has 53k on it and was running fine.  I
>just tried to start it and it wouldn't.  It wouldn't even jump start.  Has

Happened to me once.  I managed to get the car home, pulled out the
battery, and to my chagrin, the cells were dry.  I filled them up, put the
battery on a charger overnight and all was bliss the next day...This was,
of course, before I knew that you have to keep adding water to the battery
cells to maintain it (i.e. - not maintenance free).  If you bought a new
Varta battery from the BMW dealer, keep an eye on the battery's water
level.  I check mine every 2 or 3 months (sometimes more often if I think
of it).  I've got a '92 325is that is STILL on the ORIGINAL battery.
(knocking on wood as quickly as I make that statement).

As always, YMMV...

- -Pete
'92 325is