Re: Mobile Tradition CD-ROM (questions)/fiche

On 8/3/98 3:42 PM bmw-digest owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided wrote:

>Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 11:48:13 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Carl Gadener <Carl.Gadener@domain.elided>
>
>Jason,
>
>A few questions:
>
>Are there CD's for the E24 (88) and the E36 (86) ?
>Also, what exactly is on a CD? Is it an online repair
>	manual or is it parts only?
>Is it Win-95 only or does it support MacOS as well?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Carl Gadener
>- -------------------------------------------------------
>carl.gadener@domain.elided
>BMW CCA # 156619
>1988 M6 (Dinan chip and suspension)
>1986 325es
>- -------------------------------------------------------

Carl,

The BMW CDs run very well on my Mac G3 266 under VirtualPC 2.0/Win95. If
you have any reasonably fast Mac then VPC is a very viable solution,
since speed in this use is limited by CD access anyway.

(For those unfamiliar with it, VPC by Connectix emulates the Pentium
instruction set, including MMX, on a PowerMac. You then run a real,
licensed copy of Win95 or NT or any other Intel-compatible OS within this
emulation environment, along with whatever software you want that's made
for that OS. VPC itself is rock-solid; Win95 is of course as stable as
it's ever going to be. <g> Cost of VPC is about $150 including Win95, and
presumably Win98 will later become available. If you want to know more,
e-mail me privately.)

Regards,

Neil
96 M3