Re: Crashed Mudstang

> And I suspect that our Mudstang Cobra driver was in way over his head.  He
> has always been one of those with lots of pre-session bravvado and has a
> hard time keeping the car on the track when trying to run with the BMW's
> and the Porsches.  I've always given him a wide berth in prior schools as
> he's all over the track and would rather piss himself than give a pass wave.

Oh yeah.  I remember him in the Driver's Meeting of my first school,
moaning about getting waves from other cars.  As an aside, I bet this
guy EASILY has as much $$ in his Mudstang as I have in my '95 M3.

> General Rule of Thumb in Driver's Schools:  Those that strut/ballyhoo/brag
> the most pre-session are also the most likely to whump themselves once out
> there. It's the quiet guys that go fast....and the ones that say they can't
> do all that well that go REALLY FAST.

This is a general rule of thumb to apply to ALL male-dominated activities.
So far I've experienced it in motorcycle racing, mountain bike racing,
and (now) driver's schools.  Particularly amusing is listening to guys
in the BEGINNER class at a mtn bike race with $3000+ bikes talk trash
shortly before becoming mid-pack fodder.

MikeF
SVR