<ALL> BBS wheels fit which models?

In BMW Digest v09.n017 Ron Milliet <milliet@domain.elided> wrote:

> ... I will be selling my factory BBS 14x6.5 "Basketweaves" from my
> 325is.  I need to know what model/year BMWs they will fit.  I think
> I read these wheels would be an upgrade for 02s and the E-21 320i.
> Any others? What about fitment/spacers etc? What is the original
> wheel size for an 02 and 320?  I want to uncover any caveats that
> a buyer might run into while fitting these wheels on their car.

Those wheels will fit any E30 except the 325ix (radical offset) and
M3 (5-bolt hub).

They will fit most '02s; some tweaking may be required.  On a tii they
will not clear tie rod ends; with a 6-mm (0.25-inch) spacer, they will
barely clear the tie rods, and 195 tires have a good chance of rubbing
the fender lips.

I don't know about the fit on an E21.

Some original wheel sizes are (diameter & width in inches; offset in mm):

1502:       13x4.5 offset  ?
Most '02:   13x5   offset 29
E21:        13x5.5 offset 18
E30 alloys: 14x6   offset 35
E30 BBS:    14x6.5 offset 30
E30 325ix:  14x6   offset 47
E30 325ix:  14x6.5 offset 45

Thanks to Pete Read, Phil Marx, and others for posting bits of this
information earlier.

Curt Ingraham
'72 2002tii
Oakland, California