<E36-M3> Rough Idle at startup?

>Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 15:59:01 -0700
>From: general@domain.elided (E3's General Mailbox)
>Subject: <E36-M3> Rough Idle at startup?
>
>The question:
>
>Do E36 M3s w/OBD II idle rough when started? I think I recall hearing about
>this sometime ago, but my 98 E36 M3 isn't a smooth operator for about two
>minutes just after starting (in 60F-70F temps). However, if I let it just
>sit there after starting, after about two minutes, it idles smooth as silk.

My '97 M3 does this. Runs fine when you first start it up in the morning
for about 3-5 seconds, then idles real rough for about 2 min. If I try to
back out when idling rough, it stalls. Only happens the first time I start
it in the morning. No problems starting it to return home from work. Only
5500 miles on it so far.

David