<E36-M3> Rough Idle at startup?

Hello:

I've been away from the digest for a couple of weeks, so if this has been
discussed recently, please accept my apologies.

I tried looking though my past digests and couldn't find anything conclusive.

The question:

Do E36 M3s w/OBD II idle rough when started? I think I recall hearing about
this sometime ago, but my 98 E36 M3 isn't a smooth operator for about two
minutes just after starting (in 60F-70F temps). However, if I let it just
sit there after starting, after about two minutes, it idles smooth as silk.

Is the OXY sensor warming-up and going into something like a closed-loop
situation?

Any insight is appreciated!

- -Ed

Ed Wodzienski
Future Owner:
1998 M3/4 Cosmos Black/Grey 5 Speed on April 8, 1998 via Euro Delivery
Current Owner:
2.0L 16V VW Cabrio
Ninja ZX-7