E28 with E32 front brakes? Anyone care to comment?

Hi everyone,

I and another local friend here have been looking at our E28's and
wondering about fitting some big-boy E32 750 or 735 brakes to them. Should
be reduced chances of rotor warpage for sure.

I understand that the caliper and rotors are reputed to just bolt right on.
The only question remaining is wheel clearance with the various wheels that
we E28 owners seem to have.

Anecdotal evidence (from Rob I believe?)  is that the E32 setup works with
15" E34 wheels on the E28. I'd guess that it would likely also work with
the 390 mm TRX (15.3") but on that I am uncertain. Has anybody done it?

Any information helps... anybody want to help? :>

Many thanks,

Aaron

p.s. - I have taken a new tack on the SI reset tool. Details and a diagram
in my next post labelled "DIY SI Reset Tool, new version plans"
Aaron Bohnen                     email: bohnen@domain.elided
- -Ph.D. Candidate, Civil Engineering Department, U.B.C.
- -Technicraft Engineering Services