Disparately in need of replacement tranny...

Hi All,

    I just bought my son a 1985 E28 a couple of months ago in preparation
for school this coming fall.  Now I come to find out today after having to
take it to the shop that the tranny (4hp) is shot.  I had to take it in when
it would no longer upshift.  As it turns out it when it was working, it was
starting out in second.  No wonder it had poor takeoff.  Anyway..we don't
have the money to rebuild or buy a rebuilt one. And our son is off to school
in a matter of a couple of weeks.  Would anyone have or know of a 4hp
automatic that I can get my hands on relatively cheap.  I live in the
Washington D.C. area. If anyone would like to contact me via phone I can be
reached at (703)476-8688 (home) or (703)476-3042 (work).

Thanks,
Gary