Re: Ston's Detailing Tips? <wob>

SMILLER@domain.elided asked:

>Hi, everyone, I saw Aaron's suggestion for wheel cleaning...
[snip]
>...and I wondered if the esteemed Ston Rygar had any car detailing tips?

I'm not Ston, but I've found the following to be really useful:
1.  Remove all body panels, trim, etc. and send them out to be coated with
Teflon (Silverstone, like on the bottom of frying pans, is a really cool
color for BMWs).  Not that Teflon paint treatment that Dealers try to sell,
but real cookware type Teflon.  Advantages are:
	a.  Lower wind resistance
	b.  Bird poops slide right off
	c.  When someone says it's hot enough to fry an egg, you can prove it.

2.  Remove everything from your backseat, and install a giant negative-ion
generator.  Make sure to use one large enough to put a negative charge on
your entire car.  Advantages are:
	a.  Negatively-charged dust particles are repelled.
	b.  It feels just like after a storm when you pass by.
	c.  Negative ions make people more relaxed, so as you drive, you're
spreading happiness.

Hope this helps,

Jim Ochi
jochi@domain.elided