FW: Rumble in my front end 528ia and an odd computer problem

- -----Original Message-----
From: Mark Huth [mailto:mhuth@domain.elided]
Sent: Saturday, August 01, 1998 8:41 PM
To: bmw@domain.elided
Subject: Rumble in my front end 528ia and an odd computer problem

In the last week, I've noted a rumble in my front end!  Not very loud, but
clearly present.  Seems to be more noticable on turns to the right.  The car
is just 17 months old and has only 14k miles.

I'll take it back to the dealer as it is still under warranty, but anyone
have any thoughts as to what it might be?  Do these cars have any reported
problems with wheel bearings?  (Which is what it sounds like!)

On another matter, dealer and i have been struggling to try and figure out
why the red light on the dash...marked BC...flashes off and on.  He did the
on board computer recall which fixed it the first time, but the light now
flashes from time to time.  He's reprogrammed the computer once, which seems
to have eliminated the blink for a while, but it came back today.

Can anyone shed some light on the rumble and/or the blinking light?