Re: bmw-digest V9 #30

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998 17:47:39 -0400 Thomas G. Clark" <toclark@domain.elided>
writes:

>Hey everyonee,
>
>I am very new to the BMW world so PLEASE suffer through my
>extreme lack of knowledge and offer me whatever help you
>can.
>
>I have a 1984 325e with an in-dash computer display that isn't
>working.  It constantly displays "----UHR", (the dashes are
>flashing,) and I'm a bit unsure as to whats wrong.  Should I
>sell the car and buy a '98 540i or can I fix this thing?
>

>Tom Clark
>'85 308 GTS QV
>'84 325e

I just had this when I disconnected the battery to secure it in place.

to reset it to english, press the MPG button or CONSUM button.  then
press with the tip of a pen the small round button at the lower right
corner next to the button with the digit '1' until you get the english
version (i.e., MPH, MPG, temp in F, etc.).  then you can set the time and
date as you desired.

Jay G.
'84 325e

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]