Short shift mod, <E36-M3/328> Lets bend the shift selector rod gifs

  Although unexplainable engineering wise (so far), I chose to bend the rear
of the shift selector rod on my '96 328 downward ~9/16" to accommodate the
additional ~9/16" length of the M-Z3 shift lever.  This eliminated the
notchiness (binding) I was experiencing prior to the bend.  For a look see of
the stock and bent rods, connect to Dales Image page:
http://www.eskimo.com/~dalus/bmw/images/
and check out shiftm and shiftm1.gif.
 RonStygar@domain.elided FLY BMW
  http://www.eskimo.com/~dalus/bmw/bmw_ronstygar.html