JC CHIP SCAM

Whatever happened to this thread?  Did the scammers get slammed?  Or is
the investigation ongoing?  I returned my chip to jc as instructed 2
months ago and since then I've had no word.  I've e-mailed a couple of
times but I got no reply. I still don't know whether my chip was real or
fake (I didn't purchase from Turner or "Jimma Michel"). How about it
Jim?  Can you post an update to the digest keeping us abreast of the
situation?  I presume I'm not the only one in the dark on this subject?
TIA.

Mitchell Ma
1989 535iA (sorely lacking shark's bite)