Re: Ethanol in '95 540ia

(Putting my best conspiracy-theory hat on, and making it up as I go):

See, its not about clean-burning, its about subsidizing ADM et al that
make the stuff, and they make it from corn, hence the abundance of the
stuff in the midwest.  I'm not against using renewable resources, but I'm
against government(s) mandating such use in applications that were not
designed for it.

I vaguely recall reading about some Mustang that had an engine tuned for
ethanol that made 50 more HP running on the corn oil than it made running
on regular gas.  I believe production costs were prohibitive, but it was
an interesting article nonetheless.

As long as gas is as cheap as it is, they'll mandate the ethanol for
"environmental" reasons, since the market wouldn't support it otherwise.

- -Jefrem Iwaniw, jiwaniw@domain.elided, '72 2002, '94 525i
 Keller, TX