BL/SS detractors

Anthony Dusovic vomits something like:

>It seems a lot of people are missing the boat!
>Lets compare apples to apples, because some people seem to throw the term
>"Engineering" around too loosely.  As an Engineer, I take this to heart.
>
>Charging 33% over dealer list for any part which is not enhanced or modified
>in any way is robbery!  Everyone beats on the dealers for being priced too
>high.
>
>It shouldn't matter if You, the dealer, a supplier, or myself looks up the
>part number.
>
>Maybe you should have included the cup and charged $15 more for the kit, you
>would have probably gotten less scrutiny for it.

Let it first be known that I don't even have a BL/SS shifter, nor do
I intend to get one, so I have no interest in BL/SS, other than Ben
and Rob being good pals of mine:

Anthony, I'm sure you have heard of intellectual property rights.

Now, I might be goin' out waaaaay on a limb here, but I figure it
probably cost at least a *little* bit of time and a *little* bit of
money for those boys at UUC Motorwerks to go all over the
country helpin' regular Joes install BL/SS kits.  Let's call this...
uhhhhh........*RESEARCH*

Well, we know that from an American standpoint, TIME = MONEY.
And KNOWLEDGE = VALUE = MONEY.

Knowledge....lesseee....What do the big five accounting firms try
to sell their clients on?  Knowledge Capital.
How do consulting firms charge their client?  By time.

The way I figure, those UUC Motorwerks guys didn't even haveta
tell us what the part numbers were!

Ask yourself, "Has UUC Motorwerks added any value?"

Answer : "Yes.  Convenience, research, packaging all the items
          together, and warranty."

Jason Leung
"also an engineer"
92 332i