Dipsticks

>Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 14:24:19 -0500
>From: Jason Lile <jason@domain.elided>
>Subject: Re: Dip Sticks, "Danger Will Robinson"

>I'd say I have a chance to check more cars than anyone else on the list to
>verify this information ;)  Since I made the original comment, I'll back
it
>up.  I went out and checked an 83 528e AT and an 85 318i AT... both cars
had
>yellow sticks for tranny and red ones for oil filler.  While this may not
be
>the case on *every* BMW ever made, it holds true for the two cars that I
took
>the time to check.

Jason,

You're right I shouldn't have made a blanket observation.I just checked and
interestingly, my '85 735 has a yellow oil dipstick and a yellow ATF stick,
but the '92 750 has a red ring handle on the oil and a black "handle" with
red body on the ATF tube.
So much for BMW consistency. Next time ,though, I'll check twice before
shooting my mouth off.

- -Kevin