Re: Z3 2.8 vs. M Roadster

Tamer wrote:

> I would like to hear some comments from those of you who owns either the Z3
> 2.8 or the M Roadster if you think it is worth it the extra $6,000 for the M
> configuration.

I don't have any M Roadster experience but I did just spend Saturday
helping my neighbor put 400 more miles (up to 800 total now) on her
brand new 2.8 Z3 with automatic.

We could almost _feel_ that car starting to loosen up and get better as
we cruised up and down the mountains in VA and cruised back roads.  She
was even nice enough to let me drive it a few times.  I can say that
that 2.8 really motivates that car quite nicely and (yeah, I know I'm
geezin') I really liked the convenience of that automatic.  I pulled out
to pass a jerk on a back road and he nailed the gas.  Just a nudge on
the go pedal and I was downshifted and _way_ down the road leaving him
wondering if he hit the wrong pedal. :)

My advice is to try the 2.8 out and see if you think you need more
power.  I'm sure the ///M feels better, but do you really _need_ it?
- --
Pat Donahue  CCA 125031
Vienna, VA
'91 M5 4GTFUL