<All> BL/SS

Hello All,

Don't want to cause any flame wars but BL/SS which started as a cheap (what
ever happened to the true meaning of UUC?) upgrade has become an overblown
purely commercial entity.

We all know the part numbers and what they cost.  The bent shifter parts
could have been had for approx. $80 (that's what I paid), now that's a UUC
upgrade!  Come on now, $20 for the plastic ball cup, It only lists for $15
from BMW.

I was very disappointed or should I say it was exactly as I anticipated on
August 1.

I have no problem with some one making money or being entrepenurial.  We are
all in business to do the same, but I think that it is a slap in the face of
knowledgeable BMW enthusiasts to put these prices in our face and expect us
to bite.

OK, you're fabricating parts and so on, you need to re coup your expenses
and make some profit, but we all know that 99% of the parts in the kit are
easily obtained from you favorite supplier.

The moral of the story is I feel that is is possible to make money and
maintain a good name if you don't make them feel as if they are being
screwed or taken for fools.  Some suppliers pull that off very well and we
continue to go back to them because it is important to support them and keep
them in business.

End of bmw-digest V9 #21