Electrical Gremlins....

HI All,
	I've got a 1984 E28 528i (UK Spec), and am getting some electrical
gremlins.  The car has not been used for 6 months, though it did have a
battery in it this was incapable of starting it 6 months or holding a
charge. I have now put a new battery in and the car started first time (did
I expect anything else).

	The check control system in the roof is not functioning correctly,
although the brake LED (stop light) comes on and works fine the test button
no longer lights the other LED's up. And the orange warning light in the
centre of the dash is constantly flashing. Unplugging the Check control
panel stops the centre lights from flashing. The SI indicator seems to be
working fine.

	The second problem is to do with the central locking system I have
read Jim Conforti's trouble shooting guide in one of the FAQ's and this
should help me track down the problem... Initially when I re-fitted the new
battery everything worked fine. But now nothing works with the Central
locking. Using the key in either drivers, passengers doors or boot no longer
activates the CL system to lock or unlock. I was wondering if there is a cut
out switch built into the system that might need re-setting? Also where
about on the car is the CL control box?
About the same time as this stopeed working the clock on the dash stopped
giving any sort of read out... It just glows amber but has none of the
digits lit.

	In both cases all fuses in the engine compartment are fine, checked
both visually and with a circuit tester. - Are there any in-line fuses or
others that might need checking out?