E-30 Clutch area rattle......

Hi all,

I have an E30 318i over here in Deutschland. Every once and a while
(only when it gets above 80 degrees F) whenever I let off the gas
pedal I hear a rattling sound that gets louder and then softens, it
coincides with the speed of the transmission. It sounds like it is
coming from the clutch/tranny area. When I push in the clutch it
makes the same sound and winds down rather quickly to a stop (the
sound that is, regardless if I the car is moving). Anyone know what
this might be? Throw-out bearing? The car has 190,000 kilometers on
it and was treated rather badly by the last three owners. I know it
will need a new clutch rather soon (but not immediately) and that it
needs a new rear-dif. Help is greatly appreciated....

Also, what is Krustymotosports? And what does one need to join?

Thanks in Advance,
Mark
Bamberg, Deutschland

PS. When I get it fixed (and new wheels / tires) I am going to the
Nurburgring <WEG>. I'm hoping to not have to join the UUC anytime
soon, although it might be a cool club? Do you take single men? Maybe
for moral support?

- --
Mark Weaver - Brewer on the Loose
brewer@domain.elided
75'02 / 72tii / 87 Euro 318 / 88 F150 (for the winter, I swear!)
88 Lotus (OK OK OK, it's a Lotus mountain bike)
http://markweaver.com2tom.com/home.html

"...Man makes a car. Builds a road to run them on. Man dreams of
leaving, but he always stays behind..." Bono - The Edge