Ansa mufflers...

mbolmida,

>         Do any of you have experience with the Ansa muffler or any other
> OEMs for that year? I dont want high proformance just a good long lasting
> muffler
> that sounds good and performs like the original. Luckly I've only got to
> purchase
> from the converter back. Ansa will run me about $225 plus shipping. My
> fiances can afford
> that, but not much more concidering I need it installed too.

Regardless of what some people might say, I have never had good
experiences with
ANSA mufflers. Their quality is not the best as an after market /
upgrade
muffler (at least not for 2002s). I am only prejudiced because I have
had to
replace 3 center resonators on my 2002 because they broke at the welds
even WITH
the extra mount that comes off of the tranny area as proscribed by Ansa
/
Bavarian Motorsport. Everyone I have talked to says they are not the
greatest,
although they sound pretty good. As for a different brand of muffler,
I'll leave
that up to the more knowledgeable people here in the Forum.

Anywho, just my 02 sense....

Good luck!
Mark
- --
Mark Weaver - Brewer on the Loose
brewer@domain.elided
75'02 / 72tii / 87 Euro 318 / 88 F150 (for the winter, I swear!)
88 Lotus (OK OK OK, it's a Lotus mountain bike)
http://markweaver.com2tom.com/home.html

"...Man makes a car. Builds a road to run them on. Man dreams of
leaving, but he always stays behind..." Bono - The Edge