Re: 225-55-15s

> Hi guys,
>
> I need advice from the tire experts on the Digest.  I have a 1994  325is
> with the sport pkg.  This includes the alloy sport pkg wheels that use
> Michelin Pilot HX 225/55/15 tires.  These seem to be very good tires for
> this car, but my tire alternatives are extremely limited..  Almost nobody
> makes this size.

Actually.. the other choice, the Eagle GS-N from Goodyear has been
discontinued.  (At least that's what I had been told).

> A tire shop has suggested that I can use 205/55/15 tires, but I am not
> sure that this would be an improvement over what I presently use.  I
> don't plan to replace the wheels and would like to keep the > speedometer
> fairly accurate and minimize tramlining.

Huh? *_NO_WAY_*  This is *_WAY_* too short!!! Go with the following to
be close.. but in reality it's better to do 16" Wheels.

215-60ZR15 AVS.. D40..etc..
205-60ZR15 AVS..D40..Etc..

Either of these will work.  The 215-60 is a bit tall, the 205-60 is a
wee bit skinny, but has the proper height.

IMHO? Get 225-50-16s.. or go overboard and get 225-40-18s or something
;-)

<snip>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve Cooperman