Re: 225-55-15s

At 02:29 AM 7/30/98 -0700, someone wrote:

> A tire shop has suggested that I can use 205/55/15 tires, but I am not
> sure that this would be an improvement over what I presently use.  I
> don't plan to replace the wheels and would like to keep the > speedometer
> fairly accurate and minimize tramlining.

wait a minute here.

1) use 15" tires

and

2) don't plan to replace the wheels

don't go together. trx wheels are not dimensionally safe to use with
traditional tires; the numbers don't line up.  a 390 trx wheel is 15.3543"
in diameter -- not close at all. don't, don't, don't do this. either buy
trx tires or buy a complete package. i don't know what your tire shop guy
has been smoking.

richard