RE: A question for Ston / Let's clutch-brake my E36! SR

 Suzy <suzym3@domain.elided> writes:

>Subject: A question for Ston
>
>Ston,
>
>My M3 is so fast that my brakes just don't work anymore.  I tried the
>brick wall method but that kind of smarts!!  Then I tried throwing a
>Hott Rodd special pressure cast cryogenically treated boat anchor out
>the window, but it hooked onto a big old tree in my neighbors yard and
>pulled it right out of the ground.  So what do you think of parachutes?
>Think there's a parachute made that's big enough to stop a Suzy driven
>M3?
>
>Suzy
>Hoping to be Mrs Ston Rygar some day

Dear Suzy,

          Your ideas are very ingenious but violate the basic Ston Rygar
rule: "twist it 'til it hurts."  You don't need extra anchors or
parachutes, you just have to modify parts you have.

          With that in mind, I offer the Clutch Operated Pedal
Attenuating Fast-Effect Electronic Leverage device.

          I removed my clutch and machined a replacement from stainless
aluminim/chromium alloy.  It is twice the diameter of the original
clutch.  At a small expense, I purchased six "big brake" kits through my
overseas (Australian) supplier, Steve G'Daytomorrowyuh.  All six calipers
are mounted around the edge of the Clutch Operated Pedal Attenuating
Fast-Effect Electronic Leverage device and are actuated by the regular
brake pedal.  Using twelve brake-line splitters and two ABS units, I got
all six calipers to clamp simultaneously and resist lock up.  This is
important because I get fairly nervous on dates where I have to slow
down.  I have found that the clutch is the most imporant part to the
C.O.P.A.F.E.E.L. procedure, and I am very concerned about the size of
mine.

          This modification will be available as a kit soon, only $6900
(10% discount to SRFC members).

- - Ston Rygar
(confident about my clutch size)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]