Re:E36 Paint, etc.

On 7/29/98 at 3:22 PM, Donn York <dyork@domain.elided> wrote:

:  My questions are as follows:

:1) How do I get these stains out of the paint?

First try to never let them get in the paint. Wash of the crap
(literally) as soon as you see it.

Funny, my friend has dark blue Jeep and just asked the same question
tonight. I am going to try a couple things and will let you know.

Fortunately, I have never had this problem or if I do/did have never
seen it b/c I have had white cars since 87 and have always cleaned the
bird dropping off asap, especially the berry colored and seed filled
ones. Yuck :-P

:2) Do others find that this color in particular or BMW's in general are
:unable to withstand such ordinary abuse as bird droppings?

Punt. See #1.

: 3) Is it really worth getting a BMW dealer paint sealer for $400-$700?

Any dealer still selling paint and fabric protection in the 90's is in
MY OPINION shady at best. Well fabric protection is real but so is a $5
can of Scotch Guard.
 Stephen Lafredo - 3.2 M3             email: slafredo@domain.elided

 Delaware Valley Chapter
 New Jersey Chapter