Re: E36 questions

Peter,
It's nice that we agree on somethings. I don't expect everyone to agree with
my opinion, if they did, well I'd have to call it 'our' opinion. Reminds me
of a saying, "if you have two people in business together and they always
agree, you've got one too many people in business".

Anyway, I might agree with you that R1s will get some novices into trouble,
but since it's hard as hell to get a set, I'd suggest getting some Hokey
Mamas (that's Yokohoma for those new to the digest). I run R1s (got them
secondhand but new and never mounted, still had the stickers on 'em), but
have heard that there are some Hokey's that are streetable but really good
on the track. From what I've seen, I don't think they'd be as dangerous for
a novice. I still insist that you shouldn't do autocross and driving schools
on the same tires you expect to drive on everyday. If nothing else, get a
second set of 'street' tires and use them only on the track. Kind of like
one set of Gucci loafers for the office, and a set of Cole Haans for playin'
in. I really prefer Air Jordons (R1s).

I might agree with you that the ATE power discs are only a little better
than stock, but man do they make a difference in the rain. The slotting (in
my opion and experience) really helps get the water out of the way of the
pads, plus the power discs look Soooooo Kewl. As for the Pagids, I run the
4-4 orange 'full race baby' compound. I've never tried the Turner pad, but
I've heard that they're a little harsh on rotors. Oh, call Leo Franchi at
Midwest Motorsport (847)998.9150 if ya wanna get a set of Pagids or ATE
power discs. If Leo's not around, talk to Kurt.

- - Chip
Team Bubba Racing

p.s. A lot of people don't realize that stickers add horsepower. Look at the
NASCAR cars, how many stickers? How many horsepower? Makes ya think.....