<iX rearend Q>

With my 89 325iX on the rack for drive shaft replacement I found the
output shafts at the differential housing had some freeplay, (side to
side/up 'n down).  Is there is supposed to be any play here or are the
bearings really worn?  the Car has 84k miles on it. The rear u-joint was
binding creating pulsing low freq. drone starting at 85 mph.  Driveshaft
replacement got rid of the vibration, although I still feel and hear a
little something at 80+mph....One of the seals is seeping so I will have
to get into it soon anyway. I would appreciate any advice on this....
The new driveshaft?.......Oh Gawd! I bought it from Rawd!
Tom Dotzler
89 325iX
87 535i
86 535i  (now in the hands of a friend)
- --
ripped, stained, soaked, creased.(from the Kodak picture guarantee)