<E36> M3 key in the ignition false detection.

Well, 2 months and less then 3k miles on my 98 M3,
it has a problem already. I can't say that I was surprised,
albeit, a little disappointed. At least it is a minor one.

The car thinks my key is still in the ignition after I have
removed it. So when I open the driver's side door, it beeps.
Is there anyone here familiar with the "key in the ignition" detection
mechanism? I am hoping it is just a mechanical latch that
got stuck, and I can loosen it up with lubricant.

1998 M3 Coupe Arctic Silver

Raymond T. Tsai <mailto:ray@domain.elided>
The Dini Group  <http://www.dinigroup.com>

End of bmw-digest V9 #3