E36 Oil Change

Fellow Digesters:

	This seems like a simple question, but how do I change the oil and filter
in a '97 328i?  I change the oil and filter in my '89 911 and it's simple.
Is it as easy in the BMW?  In the 911, I just have to unscrew two plugs,
let the oil drain, put in a new crush ring and tighten the plugs.  Then the
oil filter, which is conveniently located on the side of the engine
compartment, is unscrewed and I put a dab of oil around the rubber ring on
the edge of the filter and screw it in.  Oh, yeah.  Then I add around 11
quarts of 20W50 Castrol GTX.
	I admit I haven't yet looked to see where the drain plugs are or where the
oil filter is.  Is it as simple and straightforward in the Bimmer?  Is
there anything to know about getting the old oil filter out and putting the
new one in?  Where is the best place to get OE oil filters?  I know I ask a
lot of questions for someone from Chicago.  Any advice for this hopefully
simple procedure would be appreciated.

Donn York
'97 328i
'89 911
'93 Camry (the V6 - I only use it on nice days!)