Need a BL/SS summary please!

Hi All

Been following this whole BL/SS thing since the beginning - there have been
soooo many posts on this that I don't feel I have the whole story straight.
Could someone post a summary or direct me to a web page (Ben's page doesn't
have anything) where the BL/SS procedure/applications/Part NOs etc. have
been consolidated?  Ben?

I know the e-36 M3 can be BL/SSed with a shifter form the M roadster - what
other cars can be BL/SSed?  e-30, e-34, e-36 , others?
What cars need a bent shifter BL/SS installation?
What other parts - clips, washers, etc. are needed?
Anyone BL/SS an iX yet?  Alan Alfano?
Is the substitute Cindy Crawford really as good as the real thing??!

Most important - should I wait till the magic Aug. 1 BEN L. announcement
before proceeding?

I want to do an article on BL/SSing in my monthly Rocky Mtn. Chapter
newsletter column and I want to make sure that I have all the facts
straight.

Thanks!

Bruce   88iX   90 e34