administrivia: more important details

the majordomo configuration on digest.net has a few features that weren't
feasible on wizvax due to the older copy of majordomo, to wit:

we have traps for such things as winmail.dat files and 8bit characters.
such things get punted to me for special handling. these things can delay
the transmission of your email to the list; if you want it to go out
quickly, best to disable winmail.dat files in your Micro$oft mail product
and make sure that you're using good old 7 bit ascii.

the new server does not, in and of itself, object to 8bit characters. the
problem is that there are a fair number of digest subscribers whose email
doesn't handle 8bit well, and the bounce messages all end up in my inbox.

richard