M-Technic "the real deal"

OK,  The real deal on the M-Technic kit

Phil you are completely correct, but the question is regarding the
M-Technic
kit, not just the sport option.  I owned this kit on a 1985 euro 323i.
It is a
package of a front spoiler, side skirts, and rear lower, under the
bumper,
spoiler.  This kit was meant to fit with the smaller European bumpers.
You know, the ones that rust.  At the bottom of the pieces, all the way
around, there are three indentations or ribs.  Very similar to all of
the
other euro spec front spoilers.  This is one way to tell it is an
authentic
BMW piece.  Another way is the roundel and part number stamped on
each piece.  This kit came stock on the European E30 333i, and can be
seen at the web page below.  That is the story on the real M-Technic kit
for the E30.
http://supercars.net/present_cars/bmw/333i/

>From: Phil Marx <BMW@domain.elided>
>Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 15:40:13 -0500
>Subject: Re:  M-Technic kit for E30

>Someone asked:
>>I've seen many '91 E30 325i's with the 325is look (BBS wheels, front
and
>>rear
>>spoilers),but with side skirts.  What special options are those 325's
>>wearing?

>Jason McCowan answered:
>I think all of those '91's that you are seeing actually are 325is's.
>My mother's '91 looks exactly as you described, but says 325i on the
>decklid.  It has the leather sport seats with leather a leather shift
>knob and steering wheel.  It also has the premium stereo and power
>sunroof.  Underneith it has the factory Boge gas shocks that came on
>the "is".

>You're mostly correct.  BMW offered the Sports Package and the Touring
>Package on the 325i in '91 for the US.  The sports package "effectively
>replaces the 325is which is discontinued" according to BMW literature
of
>the era.  The Sports Package was now an option on both 2 and 4 door
325i
>modles and included:

>*Sports suspension
>*14"x6.5" cross-spoke alloys
>*Front and rear spoilers
>*Side skirts
>*leather seating and steering wheel
>*Sports seats
>*Rear center armrest (4dr only)

>Suggested retail price for the option was $1920

>All '91 325i models had the BMW Soundsystem and Sunroof standard.
Power
>sunroof was $275 option on all 325i/x models.  All E30s in that year
had
>Boge twin-tube gas shocks.

>- -Phil Marx  BMWCCA #6021

Alan Polo