Re: renting the unusual (in SF Bay area)

In bmw-digest V9 #1, Bruce McReynolds <bmcr@domain.elided> asks:

> I'm planning on going to the Monteray Historics and the Pebble Beach
> Concourse this year.  Thought it would be a real hoot to rent something
> interesting, e.g. Testarossa, 308, Saleen Mustang, etc. in SF for the
> weekend.  If any of you propeller heads in the Bay Area know of anyone who
> rents fantasies please let me know who they is.

Bruce (& others) try:

 http://www.specialtyrentals.com/

We rented a ML320 from them last winter, they are a little expensive ($245/day
for a M Roadster & $345/day for a Boxster) but it did confirm that we won't be
waiting for the E53 (almost BMW content).

Steve
 92 325is (w/ common modifications)
 92 (piece of crap) AWD Caravan (gone in 9/98)
 83 Toyota Wagon (w/ refrigerator ice machine rear hatch :-)