Digest Subscription Confirmation

I'm having a problem assuring that I remain subscribed to the Digest.  When
Richard gave advance warning last week of the need to confirm subscriptions
(in his switching the Digest over), I did as instructed (on 7-24-98); and,
had the message returned undelivered.  I assumed things were not entirely up
and running, and decided to wait for the subscription confirmation request
you advised would be forthcoming this week.

Today, I received the subscription confirmation request, and proceeded as
instructed; and the message was again returned undelivered.  So, I tried
again, and had the same problem.  The returned mail messages read as set
forth below.

Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong and/or how I can assure that my
subscription to the BMW Digest remains?  Thanks (and apologies for this
ostensible WOB).

Lew Becker

RETURNED MAIL MESSAGE:

The original message was received at Wed, 29 Jul 1998 10:54:02 -0500 (CDT)
from smap@localhost

<Majordomo@domain.elided":>

553 <Majordomo@domain.elided":>... Unbalanced '"'
553 <Majordomo@domain.elided":>... Unbalanced '<'