Is 33K a good price for a M3/4 Slushbox (don't laugh!)?

I'm selling my 91 M5 as I need an automatic because of my city driving and
bad back, and found a 1997 M3/4 Automatic (no flames please) 20K miles, in
white w/ black leather, no electric seats, no keyless entry, no wood - but
is with the sports package, motorsport tricolor stripes on the black
leather seats, seemingly great shape (just a little wear on the driver seat
bolster but not bad), heated seats, forged alloy wheels, but the standard
stereo. (how much does it cost to upgrade this stereo?)  My insurance
company wants $2500 a year to insure the car!!! vs $1400 yr for the 91 M5.
Is 33k a great price for this car?  It's sitting on the used car lot of a
Dodge dealership - they usually buy 5 BMW's at the auctions each month for
their used car lot!  so they said...)

I was also looking at a 95 540i and can't decide...I like the luxury of the
540i but it has a very heavy feel compared to the nimble M3.  Are these
(the M3's) comfortable cars on long trips?  It looks like the passenger
would have very little room for their legs as my knees  seem to rest on the
center console when I sat in that seat.)  I already have a 1988 911 Carrera
and need a car for work as I drive all day in city traffic.  Any ideas or
suggestions?

Steve Robinson
1991 M5 blk/blk 56k miles, BL/SS, CD, New Black Mats, MINT!  (Regretably
for sale!!!) email me if interested or call 301-871-8167 Md.
1988 911 Carrera Blue/Blue 54K miles