CHIPS?

What would be the best chip to put in a 91 M5.  I understand it will build
more torque before the hp kicks in at 3700 rpm.  I was considering a Dinan or
Jim C, since so many digesters seem to have them.  Also, the car has an
aftermarket shift knob, and I was interested in replacing it with the original
backlit one; does anyone know of a good supplier other than a dealer? I have
heard they are about $80 and include a new shift boot.

Thanks in advance,
Jason
Edward9110@domain.elided