[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re.- IBUS Radio Reception Problems 95 1/2 M3

Chris Osborne wrote:

> "...They say that ALL E 36 M3s with the rear window antenna have
> mediocre radio station reception..."

In a word, bullshit. Our '96 328is has the same system, and the radio reception
with the factory head unit is superb. We also have tinted windows. Unless you
have a metallic tint material, there isn't even a theoretical reason why
tinting would have an affect on the reception.

Has the dealer checked out the signal booster units for the antenna? If not,
make them try shotgunning the problem by swapping out the units (there are
two), and checking for excessive resistance across the connections.

Chris Blumenthal
'96 328is
'95 M3