[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: Carbon fibre trim

> Eric Sternberg <impex4@domain.elided> wrote regarding
> Subject: [Fwd: Carbon fibre trim]

> Anyone install BMW or Milos' the carbon fiber trim w/grey interior (e36
> M3)?? Please email me directly w/your opinion.

I received Milos' piece last weekend - likewise sight unseen.  As a piece
of workmanship it is excellent and he ships it so it won't get damaged.
I think $30 is a very fair price.

It is also truly as easy to install as Carl indicated.  My one suggestion
is if you pry with a screwdriver, get a plastic baggy or something to
protect the old trim piece.  In my case under light prying, the old piece
almost leapt out of the dash.  I used the top center of the old trim
piece as the pry point.  YMMV.

If I had a caveat, its because I did not see BMW's original carbon fibre
trim in a LTW first.  The piece is a little shinier than I expected and
the reflections are distracting until you get used to them.  (I have the
standard matte black interior.)  Also, while it will be very easy to put
the old piece back in, I don't see myself doing it.  To parrot a soft
drink commercial, its a nice change from the ordinary!

 - Bill Graves
1994 325is M-Technic