[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re.- Snow tires for 328iC

The subject you raised is deep (minor, obscure pun intended), and has been
roundly hashed out in the digest.

The short and simple answer to one of your questions is that there is no reason
at all why you can't use 16" wheels for your snow tires, as long as the wheels
will clear your brake mechanisms, have the proper offset, and you preserve the
circumference of the tire (i.e., you will need to go to a higher profile
tire...). Going to a higher profile tire will help protect you from pothole
damage, and a narrower tire will generally be better in the snow.

If you want professional advice, go with the Tire Rack. Tire Rack also
generally has the best prices; I think that you can trust them. I purchased my
last 8 sets of tires from them, and have never been disappointed.

Chris Blumenthal
'96 328is
'95 M3