[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<02 / E24> misc trivia

Can anybody tell me the weight of a 2002tii and a 1600-2? The weight
would be for a european model without those huge bumpers which added
200 lbs. I'm just trying to compare the performance power/weight ratio
to modern BMWs but none of my reference book have the weights :-(

Also, how can I easily tell the difference between the original 3.5
six fitted to a 635CSi E24 and the one from the 7 series which
replaced it in 1982? I may be looking at an '82 six and want to ensure
it has the newer engine.

The E24 in question needs a new rear exhaust, am I right in thinking this is
not a big cost item (euro version => probably no cat). I have heard
that '83 cars had a one piece sill/rocker which is less rust prone,
any comments? Is a cheap 82 a good idea (97K miles) or should I spend
more on a later model? I am tempted as it has a dogleg manual gearbox,
recently replaced with a recondition unit.
- --
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your
mouth in a meeting with the users and prove it." (Ancient programming proverb)

NB: As I am a gibberring idiot any views expressed here are NOT the views
of Stolt Comex Seaway Ltd. john@domain.elided, Aberdeen, Bonny Scotland