[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Missed shifts

I am not an expert on driving so I follow what I have been told to do, that is to treat the
shifter like an egg. I am an expert on controls and electronics so I would suggest that BMW
fix the problem (what or who ever is the cause). We live in an age when many former
mechanical systems have been replaced by electro-mechanical and electronic hybrid
systems, for example fuel injection systems. BMW could add a solenoid driven pin which
would gate 2nd gear out over a certain transmission rpm limit. A few dollars to save 10
grand is a fair trade off, after all, our top speed and rpm is already limited through the
control unit.

This article was spell checked but not gammer checked. So read it at your own risk!

Ryan S. Raz morph@domain.elided