[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

OH NO!!! I DID IT TOO!!!

Yup.

It snowed here last night.  So I left the BMW coupe and sedan in the garage and
dug out the Toyota Land Cruiser.

I was making a right turn at speed (4 MPH) while down shifting from 3rd to 2nd,
and guess what.  I got REVERSE instead of 2nd!  Actually, reverse isn't
synchro'ed in this fine example of Japanese technology, so all I really got was
noise.  Only a truely neglegent manufacturer would put reverse next to 2nd,
right?  And you know what else?  Toyota changed the design in later years so
that only automatics are available in USA Land Cruisers, just like it apparently
should be with 3-series BMWs.

Anyhow, I'm gonna sue...  Anyone want to join me for a class action?

Kirk Fowler
colorado@domain.elided
BMW CCA #26653
Things I own: