[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: Dinan chip from Dinan or Bavarian?

Matthew Manes asked about sources for a Dinan chip & John Thomas
mentioned the 30-day satisfaction guarantee and 15% BMW CCA discount.

Perhaps my experience will be valid for others. My first Dinan chip
was for my 87 325i and was obtained directly from Dinan. My 2nd
Dinan chip was also free when i had my engine stroked and bored by
Dinan (ok, an alternative explanation is that i had a very expensive
chip and a free stroker). My third Dinan chip was also free when my
service indicator board died (batteries were ok) and was replaced
by a functionally equivalent 525i board. Since the original
stroker chip failed to work in the 525i board, Dinan sent me a
free, updated chip.

YMMV but i've been pleased with Dinan thus far. Nonetheless, i
hope to try a Jim C chip for my 96 M3- whenever its ready that is.

dan
96 M3 Lux, Dinan airbox/exhaust, snorkel, RD strut&sway bars
87 Dinan 325i Stroker with many mods, http://192.55.97.5/dinan325i.html