[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: <MISC> Talking alarms

Jerry wrote:

> From: Jerry Stadulis <73621.2717@domain.elided>
> Date: 25 Sep 96 07:42:55 EDT
> Subject: RE: Talking Car Alarms
>
> I've heard other people say how annoying it is to be near a car equipped
> with this type of alarm - to the point where they've said they were
> worried about what they might have done to the car if they had had a
> heavy object handy.  I wonder what effect such an alarm would have on
> people with less self-control?

At the office garage where I park in downtown Washington DC, there's often
a Honda Prelude with a talking alarm by Viper, I believe.  One time, when
I parked my BMW next to it and when I closed the rear hatch on my car, it
apparently "woke" up the Prelude's alarm, a voice came on that said
something to the effect of "Protection by Viper, stand back!"  There were
also times a truck or something large that would drive by the parked car
and I assume the rumbling or vibrations had triggered the car's alarm and
the voice would come on; the drone went on for minutes.  Oh geez.

I'm sure to some folks, these talking alarms are an incentive for them to
do something about it just to shut the noise off...  ;-)

(Standard disclaimers apply; there are 150 lawyers in that office..)

David Tay, MCP                http://www.taysystems.com/pub/tsr
Tay Systems Research                 E-mail: tsr@domain.elided
3554 Chain Bridge Road, Suite 100        CompuServe: 74213,2471
Fairfax, VA 22030-2709, USA.    703.760.9022 | Fax 703.893.1154