[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: Wheel Question

Dear Raymond,

	The wheels from the 3.0cs, Bavaria, 5-Series thru 88, all
6-Series, and 7-Series thru 87 will all fit.  I believe factory wheels
for this range of models were made in sizes 6x14, 6.5x14, 7x15 and
7.5x16, in a variety of styles.  See the Bavarian Autosport catalog for
a nice illustrated summary of factory wheels.  I don't think E30 M3 or
E36 wheels are recommended (?).
	Unfortunately, there is no way to shoe horn anything but a
metric tire onto a metric rim.  The old metric rims will do a nice job
holding garden hose, air hose, and extension cords on the wall in the
garage :-)
	One of the most important factors in selecting a wheel is
offset.  Proper offset makes sure the suspension geometry works as
designed, and helps the wheel bearings live longer.
	The correct aspect ratio tire for a given wheel diameter should
have a rolling radius nearly identical to the original setup to
eliminate any errors in speedo/odo readings.

	Good Luck!

Brian

74, 75 '02
86 528e