[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E24> Announcing: big_coupe_groupe

Since there has been considerable interest in the formation of a 6-series
coupe email list, I've decided to cobble one together - 'chain letter'
style.  This will only work for a small, low-volume group.  If it starts
growing rapidly, someone will need to stick their neck out and actually
provide real administration (don't look at me...) or it will become
troublesome and high-maintenance.  On second thought, that might be
appropriate for coupe owners ;-)

For now, I'm calling it 'big_coupe_groupe'.  We can haggle about that later.

To join, send me some email with "subscribe big_coupe_groupe" in the
"Subject" line.  I'll be manually cut-n-pasting your email addresses into
an email alias (for now).  Then, when you get a message from the groupe,
reply to it and it will be CC'd to the entire membership. (You will need to
edit the Subject line and the message body, as appropriate.)  No digests,
no automatic archiving, no nothing.  Just the magic of plain old email
headers.

Remember:  I'm sticking my neck out a wee little bit here to 'turn the key
over' as it were.  I will stop performing the subscribe function after
about a week from now.  After this thing gets started I'm going to post a
URL to this list where the current email alias may be found, and new
members can cut-n-paste themselves (and unsuspecting victims) into it at
will.

Sure, this idea is full of holes.  Sure it's a kluge.  Sure it will be
almost impossible to cleanly unsubscribe (you'll probably have to set up a
'kill' file).  Perhaps it will aggravate someone enough to get a *real*
6-er list started ;^}

Ulp...See ya' on the (other) list.

Barry S.