[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 6 Series Front End Shimmy & 6 Series Registry

Stan,

I have a '82 528e (150K, bought at 70K) and my brother has a '83 528e (110K,
bought at 90K). Both cars had the brake shimmy at certain speeds and steering
wobble at ~70miles/hr when we bought them.

The shimmy did not go away with new rotors and pads. The fix for both these cars
was the front strut bearings and front struts. The front struts on my car were
OK, I replaced them as there was no extra labor to do so.

Did you replace your strut bearings when you got new struts. If not, my guess is
that the strut bearings may be the culprit in your case.

YMMV

Hope this helps; mail me if you have more questions.

Charles A. Karnati

'82 528e (150K)