[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

1991 318is <E30>

     I've had to sign off of the digest for a while, but am "popping in" for
     some advice from the gang.  My son is considering the purchase of a 318is
     with 70k miles.  Here are my questions:

     1.  The head gasket is being replaced as we speak.  Is there anything else
     he should pay particular attention to related to this engine?

     2.  This car does not appear to have central locking.  Was it optional (I
     thought it was standard)?  What does it take ($) to add the actuators?

     3.  What are the brakes like relative to the 325?  If different, can just
     the rotors be swapped, or is it more complicated.  Is it worth is?

     I owned an 1986 E-30 325 for nine years, so I know what to look for in the
     basic mechanicals.  Are there any 318 or 1991 year specific items to watch
     out for?
     TIA
     DanZ
     Annapolis, MD